Jazz is music that soothes the soul. No wonder many office spaces play jazz music to relieve stress in the work environment, whether it be a garage door installation Luton, a dental clinic in Iowa, or a SPA center in California, you would usually hear jazz music playing.
Jazz is not just music but a language that speaks about great culture and people, connecting people, and promoting harmony. For over a century, jazz has soothed many souls across the world. It is by this thought that UNESCO organized the International Jazz day.
International Jazz Day started in 2012 and since then it is celebrated every year on each month 3oth day of April. The annual celebration emphasized the influence of jazz in freedom, creativity, and intercultural dialogue. This year’s host city for this international event is Havana, Cuba – a culturally rich and vibrant city filled with music.
The Influence of Jazz Music – Jazz is for peace
Through the 1920s, the music of jazz grew as an important part of the American pop culture. The so called primitive jazz music comes from New Orleans and expanded to influence other people from every level of the society.
The impact of jazz on our society is shown in many aspects of pop culture. Jazz has great influence on literary by the birth of jazz poetry. Below are further influences of jazz in our community.
- Jazz influenced a distinguished fashion statement.
- Women fighting for their rights as equals had been inspired by Jazz music.
- Men and women of the African American community fighting for freedom grew in number encouraged by the birth of Jazz.
- What was considered as a low culture slowly rose to be recognized and equally aligned with other cultures.
- African American has elevated their status in the community primarily due to its music.
As we move on to another year, another decade, or century, jazz music will continue to live on, in our hearts, our culture, and in our society as a whole. It’s great influence will be passed on from generation to generation, promoting and encouraging peace and harmony among many nations.