Next time you are feeling anxious, stressed, nervous or irritable, try listening to a song. Studies indicate that music works wonders in increasing feelings of well-being and relieving tension.
A few of the ways music soothes anxiety include:
- Deep breathing. When we listen to songs, our breath deepens and slows.
- Greater serotonin. Often known as the “feel good” chemical, serotonin is a neurotransmitter within our brains which affects our feelings of joy, relaxation and comfort.
- Better sleep. Listening before bed ends in a sleep.
- Decreased pain.
- Slower heart rate
- Stable blood pressure.
- Generation of substances that are heart-protective.
Why does music have such profound effects on our minds and bodies? The solution could stem back within the womb of our mother – to our lullaby. We had been tucked away, comforted by the rush of water and the rhythm of a pulse surrounding us.
So the next time you are feeling anxious, stressed or stressed, return to songs.
How to Use Music to Relieve Your Soul
- Listen to songs you prefer. It does not need to be classical to become relaxing. In actuality, should youn’t like music, then it may make you more worried! Studies have demonstrated that listening we enjoy reduces our anxiety – but songs we dislike can increase our anxiety levels. If it is your type of music, rock, country, reggae, alternative, pop and jazz music will reduce strain.
- Listening to the exact same tune over and over will decrease the stress-relieving effect of the music.
- Listen to childhood favorites.
- Create your own songs. Playing with a tool has the exact same effect as listening to songs.
- As you listen walk. Soda on your own earphones on, for those who have an iPod, MP3 or walkman and head out for a stroll. This will offer you a boost to surmount your anxiety: exercise, songs, and fresh air. Resting while listening will be effective if you are not in the mood to walk.
- If you lie down or walk, sit, fold laundry, listen to attain the very best result. However, two or even a song can allow you to feel less stressed.